FLUSSKREUZFAHRTSCHIFFE / BIKE CRUISE: THE CLASSIC BORDEAUX WINE ROUTE
Bike cruise: The classic Bordeaux wine route
The port and vineyards of Bordeaux provide great insight into the region’s fascinating history. On the waves of the Gironde Estuary, as well as the Dordogne and Garonne rivers, our one-week cruises connect you to this world in the greatest respect for authenticity. In keeping with the ebb and flow of the tides, the river and the types of wines produced define the six regions of the Bordeaux vineyards. The river forms the only boundary shared by all six regions and provides a unique way of seeing the entire wine country during six stopovers –an ideal introduction to the six families of Bordeaux wines: Entre-Deux-Mers, Graves & Sauternes, Bordeaux, Médoc, Bourg & Blaye, Saint-Emilion.
The bike tours are planned round tours. These are selected in a way that the most beautiful wine regions, cultural sites and wonderful wine tastings are all part of your route.
MS Bordeaux – Bordeaux bike and ship Castets-en-Dorthe …. - 8 days and 6 days trips
- 8 days / 7 nights
- individual or group trip
- bike and ship
- about 230-275km by bike
- difficulty of bike trails: 1-4
- tour bikes or e-bikes can be rented
This trip is changing direction weekly during high season. You will either go from Castets-en-Dorthe to Libourne or the other way around.
Minimum participants: 20 Maximum participants: 80
- By train: travel to train station Bordeaux St. Jean, from there via shuttle bus. We will gladly book your tickets for you (rates for international connections per request). From Bordeaux, you may book a bus transfer to Castets-en-Dorthe or Fronsac at the beginning and end of your trip. You are not able to bring your own bikes. You need to reserve them when booking the trip!
- By car: Many guarded parking spaces in Bordeaux available (no reservation possible, payment on location, information in travel documents)
- Via Bus: Connection with remote bus to Bordeaux
- Via airport Bordeaux: train station can be reached within 30 minutes, either with Taxi or within an hour via bus.
- Tour bikes, 21 gear freewheel
- Model: unisex
- Equipment: 1 luggage bag per bike
- E-bikes: 8 gear pedelecs, freewheeling
- Model E-bike: unisex, upon request women’s- and men’s models
- Equipment E-bike: as with rental bike
- Special bikes, such as tandems, children’s bikes, etc, are available upon request
- bikes are lent at latest on first bike day in the morning and turned in on the last bike day in the evening
- Insurance: non-inclusive, via travel insurane
- For your own safety, we suggest you wear a bicycle helmet. The wearing of a safety west during bad weather outside of closed villages is mandatory in France.
- Please let us know during your booking about your height, as well as your preferred kind of bike. Especially with E-bikes, it is advised to make a reservation far in advance.
The river cruise ship MS BORDEAUX is 78 meters long and 10 meters wide. It accommodates a maximum of 96 guests in 49 cabins. To ensure that all guests have space, some of the cabins are reserved for single travellers. For your comfort we take a maximum of 80 passengers on board for any navigation of more than one day. The ship sails under experienced French management. The following languages are spoken and understood on board: French, English, German. Guests come from all over Europe, USA and other regions.
Style and atmosphere
A very cosy atmosphere with plenty of wood, warm colors and cozy carpets characterize the family atmosphere of the river cruiser. This is different than all the new ‘swimming hotels’. It fits the beautiful landscape.
The day starts with a breakfast buffet. Fruit, eggs, juices, sausage, cheese, croissants and toast belong to the daily, slightly changing offer. If you want, you can assemble your own picnic lunch to take with you. The dinner menus are freshly cooked, following the French cuisine, and are accompanied by a wonderful wine selection.
All cabins have daylight, carpeted floors, individually controlled air conditioning, satellite TV and a mini safe. All cabins have a small window which can be opened. They have a bathroom with shower, toilet and sink.
Lower deck cabins
34 Two-bed cabins with separate and adjacent single beds, which can be folded in during the day. The cabins are approx. 7.5 – 8.0 M² in size
2 Junior suite cabins: There are 2 junior suites (about 11.6 M²) with additional small seats and 2 beds, which are 1.90 meters long. Convertible in double bed 160 cm (on request).
Upper deck cabins
11 twin cabins with the same equipment as the cabins on the lower deck. The windows on the upper deck are slightly larger and can also be opened.
2 single cabins , the bed is 1m wide and 1.90 meters long. The cabins are about 7.5 m² in size.
Places to meet and relax:
The front of the ship houses the tastefully decorated salon / lounge with large panoramic windows, a well-stocked bar and a small dance floor. The rear area fits the separate restaurant.
On the partially covered sun deck, seating areas with chairs and tables invite you to linger. A bicycle storage facility is located on the back deck.
- Free WIFI on the whole ship
- Breakfast buffet and dinner. Lunches can be packed during breakfast.
- Security, heating and air conditioning in all cabins.
- Daily cleaning of the cabins.
- Complimentary afternoon tea and coffee